Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter

My friend Jennifer has a gift for words and for sharing God's truth. I was so inspired by her post on Good Friday. One of my kids asked yesterday "whats really so good about it, if its the day they killed Jesus?" A tough discussion for sure ...

But we came to this conclusion ... Good Friday is indeed good because without the Good Friday there could not be an Easter. Without Jesus' sacrifice we would not have the hope to see heaven. I truly do find myself as a loss for words when considering the love and sacrifice of Christ Jesus.




I know there are many different thoughts on Easter Eggs, but I personally just love the idea of new life beginning ... we are invited to receive new life in Christ. And when we dye Easter eggs I just love to see all the brilliant colors together. I wonder if God ever looks over the earth, over all the new lives he has created and just enjoys all the different colors gathered together ... Maybe I'll ask him one day.



0 comments: