Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thoughtful Thursdays for Homeschooling Moms

Michelle over at Homeschool Notebooking has started a great Thursday Meme. I'm glad to be joining her for the debut of Thoughtful Thursday.

I would like to invite everyone to participate in "Thoughtful Thursdays." Every Thursday, Just as your school week is coming to a close, use these journal prompts to reevaluate where you are going in your homeschool. Every homeschool mom has these thoughts, and what a wonderful way for all of us to share our strengths and weaknesses with each other. I encourage you to speak freely and from your heart, allowing the Lord to use your truthfulness to bless other mom's just like you. And I ask that as you read others entries, you would pray for one another using the information that others put after "I feel I need the Lord to help me..."


If you would like to participate, please visit Thoughtful Thursday on Michelle's blog and join us!


Today's date is... Thursday September 11th, 2008

This week my greatest challenges have been...
Adjusting to getting my self and our middle child up at 7 am. Also figureing out how to help my 7th grader not be distracted by the crying baby

Things I wanted to do this week but didn't get
around to doing...

Art project from ancient egypt study, starting a pyramid lapbook, getting 3rd grader caught up in his vocabulary lessons. And cleaning off the dining room table, which is covered in scrapbooking and stamping stuff.

Our favorite thing we did in school this week was...
Read about Jacob and his 12 sons and then read books on what their everyday lives might have been like back then.

Our least favorite thing we did in school this week was...
My dd says math
My ds says spelling or writting

My biggest accomplishments this week were...
We were up every morning by 7 am and did school from 8:00-10:30 or 11:00, everyday so far. Though we are often interrupted by a crying baby.

The biggest thing we need to work on doing better is...
Making bible our first subject of the day ... instead of trying to squeez it in later on.

I feel I need the Lord to help me...
Get to bed earlier, get more sleep, so I will have a better attitude throughout the day. Also to begin each day with prayer ... I know it makes such a differnece but have not made it a real habit yet.

I am most thankful this week for...
The beautiful children I spend each day with!

One word to sum up my week...
Exhausting!




2 comments:

Susan said...

I left a message on your blog with the picture of your daughter. I didn't realize this was your main blog. I really like what you said about having your kids Grow In HIM!!!! That's what we are trying to do also

God bless and thanks for stopping by. Keep checking baby should be coming soon.

Kara Jo said...

Wow--up and going at 7 AM--I'm impressed! You're accomplishing a lot. More than you realize. :)