Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I will rejoice ...even today

1 Thessalonians 5:16
Rejoice always;



Oh boy! Have I repeated that verse over and over today. I will be honest here ... Its been a bad day at our house today. I wanted so badly to crawl in bed and just hide under covers. Several of us have summer colds, I think I'm coming down with mastitis, and the boys just had one of those days when they could not agree about anything ... and I mean every thing lead to an argument today. By the time my hubby got home I was fit to be tied, I wanted to run away (just for a little while of peace and quiet). But I was too tired and ache, so I just sat in my truck in the drive way, laid the seat back and closed my eyes while hubby fed the kids supper.


When I see verses like these I am reminded that we are to rejoice in the Lord, not when we feel like or when things are going well ... we are just simply to rejoice in the Lord, always. No matter the circumstnaces, no matter the feelings ... those do not affect our salvation after all and they don't change our great God. So even when I'm sitting in a clinic waiting room or listening to children argue I will rejoice. I serve a great and awsome God!!!


Isaiah 29:19
Once more the humble will rejoice in the LORD;
the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.


Luke 10:20 (New International Version)
However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."


Ecclesiastes 11:8
Indeed, if a man should live many years, let him rejoice in them all, and let him remember the days of darkness, for they will be many. Everything that is to come will be futility.


Philippeans 2:17-18
17But even if I am being (AM)poured out as a drink offering upon (AN)the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you all.
18You too, I urge you, rejoice in the same way and share your joy with me.




3 comments:

Heidi said...

(((HUGS))) Those days are always tough!

lislynn said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a Savior to turn to on days like these? And our strength will be renewed every morning! Thank God for that!

Barbie said...

Rejoicing is something I've had to step up lately. My husband was laid off a few months back and we are in dire financial straights. But God has continued to show His faithfulness even when I stomp my feet!