Friday, September 18, 2009

Missing Missy ...

My "sister" Missy was a real light in our lives. She fought some amazing battles in her life and yet God helped her shine like one of the brightest lights I've ever known. I have days when I still can't believe she isn't here. I wish like crazy for more time with her! But I could never wish her out of heaven. She is beautifully healed there and in Christ's very presence ... amazing!

One of the battles Missy fought was years of medical problems and many hospitalizations due to a Mitochondrial Disease. Tomorrow morning we are taking part in a Mito Walk in our city to raise funds for and awareness of Mitochondrial Diseases




The United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation is represented by countless volunteers who operate more than 60 local chapters, groups and ambassador programs and offers support to all sufferers of mitochondrial disorders. Please visit thier website and learn more at www.umdf.org




4 comments:

Kristen Andrews said...

so sorry you lost your sister, she is beautiful!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how much you must miss her.

Kathy said...

I too am sorry for your loss. I'm tearing up wishing I had something profound to say...so proud pf you for walking........

Darlene said...

It was so nice to visit and find your rememberance of Missy. Your words are so true.

We are coming up on the anniversary of our Missy's passing of this same disease. Perhaps some day they can find a cure and an easy detection.

God bless, my friend.