Wednesday, August 20, 2008

HomeschoolMemoirs08

Homeschool Memoirs!




A new meme is beginning today over at HSBA
They always do such a fabulous job, I'm sure this will be a fun meme to read and participate in.




The first theme begins today, August 20th, 2008. This week, we want to hear about YOU. The author behind the words. The Momma behind all the homeschooling kiddos. Just write up something about you, your family, and your home. How long you’ve been homeschooling and why you decided to homeschool. It doesn’t have to be anything lengthy at all, but we’d love to hear it!



So here is my post ... about me:

I am a Christ following, Attachment parenting, Homeschooling, Babywearing, Breastfeeding, mom to five beautiful blessing and married to my best friend, my high school sweetheart.

I'm a pretty flexible, go-with-the-flow personality. I could certainly use help in the areas of time management and household organization. I love being with my kids all day, everyday! I love to watch them grow and learn and I love the relationships we are building.



This past Sunday we dedicated our Baby Mary to the Lord in our morning church service. And as at all my children's dedication services their grandpa (my father-in-law) sang a special song. This time we chose to have him sing "Take My Life and Let It Be". That was the song playing on my ipod May 29th as our Baby Mary was being born and it really does seem to sum up all my prayers for my self, and for my children:



Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing
always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as You choose.

::Chorus::
Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Take my will and make it Thine
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is Thine own
it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord I pour
at Your feet its treasure store
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.

Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.
x3


If you still want to know more about me click HERE

3 comments:

KarenW said...

You have a beautiful family. Have a great school year!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great to meet you! :D What a wonderful family you have!

Have a great year!

Dana said...

That is such a moving post! Wow, I had tears in my eyes. What a neat thing to do with having your FIL sing at your babys' dedication. I wish I'd thought of that for mine.

My link: www.cherry-soup.blogspot.com