Sunday, January 27, 2008

Friday's Ultrasound





Quick explination about these pictures: top one is full baby profile, with head toward bottom left and butt and legs toward top right. She is quite a wiggle worm, so not the clearest of ultrasounds. The second photo is of the area were you can tell is it a boy or is it a girl.

We took all 4 kids and went to our 19 week ultrasound on Friday. The Dr. doing my ultrasound was great about the full room. He walked in, looked a little surprised and said with a big smile "Great! a party!"

Up until this ultrasound I'd been saying I wanted to keep the gender a surprise, but the kids wanted to know so badly and something told me I should go ahead and find out. So at the very end of the ultrasound our Dr. says "last chance to find out..." I told him "go ahead ... tell us boy or girl". He was great about it and really tried to explain each part on the baby so the kids could get it. But it basically boiled down to, "if it were a boy we'd see a little boy part right here, but we don't, so you are getting a baby sister". It made it worth losing out on my surprise at the birth to see the look on my Rosebud's face when she heard that. It was shock for about 30 seconds and then just a huge grin and giggle. She has hoped for a sister each pregnancy, but as you know she has only gotten brothers up till now. Honestly, I am thrilled to just have a baby. Boy or girl does not matter to me one bit, but it was so much fun to see Rosebud's reaction. But as we are all giggling and smiling about it, O(our 5 year old) says "A girl baby?! That's my worst nightmare!!!" We assured him it was no nightmare and I know he'll love and cuddle on her just the same. It really was a fun day! And now I guess we can go shopping for pink :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome!! Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay, yay, yah! I was thinking another girl would be so fun for you--and Mikayla got her wish!