Friday, November 14, 2008

International Babywearing Week

Uh-oh, someone went and asked me to post about my favorite carriers ... this could be a long post;-)

I've posted about this before but in honor of this being International Babywearing Week I wanted share my favorite baby carriers and reasons we wear our babies.

Also wantd to let know your should visit Adventures in Babywearing to get some more great info.

Oh how I love babywearing! My stash at this point is still a bit "boyish looking" since my last three babies have been boys, so I'm looking forward to investing in some pink stuff for our Little Miss Mary

Here are a few photos of some of my favorites:

Probably what I consider my "most comfy wrap type carrier" is
My Storchenwiege Woven Wrap (plus I really like the colors)






After Zeke was born I discovered Mei Tais for the first time, thanks to another LLL Leader ... I LOVE my mei tais now! Not sure how I lived without them.
My first mei tai was a Freehand Mei Tai:
This one turned out to be my dd's favorite one to use when she wears her brother



I have purchased and used a Sachi Mei Tai:
(yep we really were standing in our snow filled back yard)



But the Mei Tai I ended up using the MOST was my Maya Tie:



I do also own a Didymos Wrap, and though its not as comfy as my Storchenwiege Wrap, I like it bacause I got the one with the LLL logo on it. Had to have a friend of a friend pick this up in Germany for me:





And then there is my tried and true ring slings ... thats where it all started for me. I was first introduced to ring slings and babywearing at a LLL meeting when we lived in WA. I'll have to try dig up a photo of that one and scan it in (that was pre digital cameras, you know). Since then I have continued to get one brand new Over The Shoulder Baby Holder (otherwise known as OTSBH) sling for each new baby. I like the OTSBH in the newborn and tiny infant stage, then I tend to move on to Maya Wrap ring sling. Over the years I have learned to do about anything with babay or toddler in a sling, including tie dying!

Here are photos of my favorite Maya Wrap ring sling:





And when Mary was born I purchased a Hotsling in PINK!!!




And I should probably add:

A great place to read reviews on each kind of carrier is www.thebabywearer.com

My favorite place to order new slings and wraps
is Attached to Baby

My wraps are:
Storchenwiege
and Didymos

My Mei Tais are:
Freehand
A Maya Tai
and a Sachi

My Ring Slings are:
Maya Wrap Ring Sling
Over the Shoulder Baby Holder

And if you would like to hear from other babywearing mama's and see some of their favorites please visit: Stephanie at Adventures in Babywearing




1 comments:

momanna98 said...

I had a wrap - actually a giant piece of fabric - that I used for baby #4, but it was such a pain that I had my mom turn it into a sling. I like the sling, but baby #5 does not. She likes to face out. :-(