Sunday, November 16, 2008

Learning About Thanksgiving

We have really been enjoying using lapbooks this year as part of our learning and homeschooling. If you have not read much about lapbooks you might want to google it sometime. Below is a photos of the Thanksgiving Lapbook we are currently working on and we'll have it finished the end of this week and I'll post the finished project then. But for today I want to share the fun we are having learning about Thanksgiving.







We have ordered most of our lapbook sets from Hands of a Child and in this Thanksgiving unit there was a section on Thanksgiving feasts and food, so tonight we decided to try some of things the people at the first thanksgiving might have enjoyed, we even cooked over an open fire at grandma and grandpa's house:









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Love your photos, what a wonderful family. I like the camp fire, there is nothing like it is there?

momanna98 said...

What a great time! Wow! What an awesome fire pit!

Kim said...

I have just found your site. I am a homeschooling mom and my kids enjoy lapbooking. I am wondering if there is a way of getting the lapbook resources used. I have seen the Hands of a Child site but can not afford to buy all of the resource books. I would love a used site to buy these, do you know of any?