Sunday, April 06, 2008

God's timing ... amazing!



"'Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'" - John 8:32 (NIV)

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free..."
- Galations 5:1a (NIV)

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog


I say that God's timing is amazing a lot these days! But He never ceases to amaze me. Speaking with a few other moms of the 6th grade girls at church this morning I learned that two of them are hoping to organize a summer bible study for the girls based around the book "Lies Young Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

I have picked up and then put back down the original version for us older women ;-) several times ... wanted to read it but did not really have anyone to discuss it with, or I was already doing another study, that sort of thing. Well, I decided that I better order both "Lies Young Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free" and the original "Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free" both by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I figured if my daughter is going to do the study this summer I wanted to read it ahead of time and what better reason to finally buy the book.

The first thing I did (even before making lunch) after church was to get online and order the books ... even paid for two day delivery because I was in a slightly impatient mood. Then this evening as I'm browsing around online and reading more Thankful Thursday posts I stumbled across a blog where this study was mentioned. Praise the Lord!!! His timing is amazing ha? Dh just left to get my list of things I need from Target this week. I added spiral bound note cards, so I'll have them when the book gets here :-)

I can't say I have read for assignment #1, since I just ordered the book today, but I am joining the study. If you want to join us please go check it out at T.A.G. blog

I just have to say this one more time:
God's timing amazes me!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's timing is indeed amazing!!! I am so glad you are joining us. Don't worry about Assignment #1. Although, you can still answer the questions posted for Assignment #1 without having your book. Feel free to do so. Please come on by tomorrow and join our discussion! I'll be posting Assignment #2 here shortly. I am so looking forward to our discussions.

Hope you join us tomorrow!
Karen
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog