Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thankful Thursday





In the bible you can find many verses on being thankful ... thankful in all circumstances.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Chronicles 16:8
Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

Psalm 118:29
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

That is what we are trying to do this week, as we really do have many things to be thankful for ... but there are also difficult situations we just don't understand... moments where I struggle to find a thankful attitude, but if God has told us to be thankful in ALL circumstances then that is what I want to learn how to do.

* I'm ever so thankful for a Wonderful Savior!

* I'm thankful for the wonderful husband he gave me

* I'm thankful for the ever growing family he has blessed us with

* I'm thankful for our loving church family.

* I'm thankful for His great comfort in the midst of grief and sadness.
We will be attending the funeral of our three year old friend, Anna,
who was called home to heaven this week after a year of battling
cancer. Please join us in praying for her parents Nate and Lisa.

* We are also thankful that God knows the plans he has for us ...
and that he created each one of us. He knit us together (Psalm 129)

* We are waiting to hear from Children's Hospital to schedule more
blood work and an MRI for our two year old. His orthopedic, his
rehumotologist and his endocrinologist, are consulting together
to try find us some answers. We are very thankful to be where
such medical knowledge and technology are readily available.

* We are constantly amazed and thankful at all the daily reminders
that we truly do serve an awesome God! He is wonderful, powerful,
kind. and merciful. He has blessed us with comfort and peace and
great joy ... even when the day or circumstances are not going as
we planned.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for you dear, blessings to you.

Lori said...

First off I love your pregnancy pictures up above. I also enjoyed reading your TT list. Praying for wisdom with all the Doctors.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

eph2810 said...

You are right. Sometimes we need His reminders that we can be thankful in all circumstances.

I am so sorry to read about the loss of such a young girl. I am sure it is not easy to comfort the family.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Be blessed today and always.