Tuesday, December 01, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments #1

I just love the ideas my friend Carrie comes up with!! First the Alphabitty Moments and now 25 Days of Christmas Ornaments. Please visit her blog to see the MckLinky and take part or just to look at all the beautiful ornaments and stories that other bloggers are posting.



For my first of the 25 ornaments this season I chose my purple angel ... my mom and I are trying to remember if we bought her on a trip to Brazil or a trip to Chile back in 1980. We lived in Argentina then ... I would have been 8 or 9 years old. I remember these pretty hand made angels being sold at an outdoor market. We just can't remember which country. My favorite color has always been purple, so naturally I picked out a purple angel. My sisters each got one, too. One chose pink and one chose yellow. It was no where near Christmas time, but we bought them anyway and later on they adorned my mom's christmas trees for years. We each put our own color on the tree every year ... till we were to teenagerish to care about decorating the tree I supose. After I got married my mom let me sort through her christmas boxes and take many of the ornaments that were mine, so Allen and I would have ornaments for our first tree. I love this little purple angel and I hang her with warm memories each year.


Happy Advent and a Merry Christmas Season!

1 comments:

MamaBear said...

I hung my South America ornaments last night - none as pretty as your angel!

Thanks for sharing!