Monday, February 11, 2008

Blogger Friend School #13 - Meet My Bible






Nancy, over at The King's Kreation, has posted Assignment #13: Meet My Bible for Blogger Friend School. I've never done any of their assignments before but I thought I'd give this one a try:



1. How old is your Bible?
16 mos. old Its The New Womend Devotioanl Bible (NIV)

2. Why did you chose this Bible?
It was a birthday gift in 2006 from a dear dear friend. That friend knew I had lost a my previous Womens Devotioanl Bible, while on a road trip. Which by the way still breaks my heart, it had some special notes and pictures in it and it had been a gift from my mother in law (who I just love to pieces).

3. Do you highlight/mark passages in your Bible?
YES, I mark in everything I read. You should have seen the bible I lost ... notes everywhere!

4. If so, what is your system for marking passages?
I like to date when or where by the verse and I usually underline or highlight the important passages, and make my notes above or below or to the side, where ever there is space to write.

5. Do you have notebooks to record things?
Probably too many

6. If so, how many and what do you record?
I have one notbook for Sundays, one for bible study and one that is mostly my notes to God and notes on verses He is teaching me from.

7. Where is your favourite spot to read your Bible?
In my bed before I fall alseep or in my rocking chair (especially if I have a sleeping baby in my arms).

8. Are there any special thoughts about your Bible you want to share?
I was so touched that my friend got me this bible, it means a lot to me and I love the devotionals in it. I also have a NKJ, NASB, NIV, Amplified side by side bible to compare translations and I have a Message bible I like sometimes. I have an NIV study bible with lots of study notes that is helpful when I'm hung up or stumped by a verse. But this bible from my friend is the one I carry with me and use most often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello~ I hope you're going to enjoy doing the BFS assignments. This is actually my first year doing them also, but I loved it so much when Tamara asked for help I couldn't resist. I love your Bible, it's sooooooo pretty. I lost my Bible that was very sentimental to me also so I know that lump in your throat everytime you think about it. Life's hard, isn't it. Congrats on your 5th little angel coming up soon...

Nancy

New Beginning said...

I stumbled upon your blog.. I love it full of joy and love!! Alot of how you love God.. I am going to link you I want to come back!!!

God Bless
April

twinklemom said...

That's a beautiful bible...I love it!!

I love the assignments...hoping it's not to late for me to start them as well!