Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wordless Wednesday - or not so wordless today




My picture for Wordless Wednesday is yes - a uterus. More correctly uterus didelphys (doubling of the uterus). Please just ignore the three babies in the picture (that is so incredibly rare), I'm only pregnant in one uterus :-) But the picture was the best visual I could find online. I was diagnosed with uterus didelphys during my first pregnancy in 1995. My Dr. then told me I'd probably never again get pregnant and if I did I'd most likely miscarry, well I guess God had other plans. I've now been pregnant 7 times and yes two were sadly miscarried. But we trust God's plan and timing and we are thrilled God has blessed us with a large family.

Here are a few good links explaining uterus didelphys:

http://www.medcyclopaedia.com/library/topics/volume_iv_2/u/uterus_didelphys.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uterine_malformation

http://newsbbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6199363.stm#uterus


Basically I have two smaller uteri (uteruses). This little baby is on the left. That makes it nearly impossible to see the right uterus now in an ultrasound (it has been squished up and behind the left one that is growing with baby). But since all 4 ultrasounds I have had in the last month have shown no clots, or tears or abrubption in my left uterus, my Dr. is assuming that the bleeding I was having was coming from the right uterus. This is good since it really does not affect the baby. She continues to wiggle and grow right on schedule. If I bleed again, I'll go in for a level 2 ultrasound and go back on bed rest. But we are praying I will not have any further problems.

Hey, how many pregnant moms can blame the trouble they are having on "my other uterus"? Well, I guess I get to. Praise God I have not bled in the weeks I've been on bed rest, so I'm now on the "get up and try do normal stuff and lets see what happens" plan. I'm being very cautious, still resting lots, but am no longer considered on bed rest. Praise the Lord!! And I'm also no longer as sick as I was ... I've stopped losing weight!!! And even with my bleeding and dehydration episodes baby is still right on track, gaining, growing and wiggling. So things are looking much better over here, Thank you Thank you for your prayers. God has been very kind to provide me with peace these last few weeks.


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace ... so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit
Romans 15:13

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Utah Mommy said...

My mo delivered triplets, it was my younger siblings but unfortunately the two passed away few hours after they were out. There's only one remembrance and now he's 23. Great explanations you have here. Happy WW!
MY LIFE MY WORLD
SWEET PARADISE

Anonymous said...

WOW, I've never met anyone with three uteri. Intersting. Praying for you and praising God for your little ones. They are all precious miracles!
Lynnette
www.homeschoolblogger.com/lyntley

Four Little Penguins said...

Wow! What a testimony you have of the power of God! All of your kids must be doubly precious to you since they were a double blessing! :)

Anonymous said...

That's a really educational WW. Thanks. I think I just brushed up on my OB nursing. LOL